I’ve been dreaming of visiting Southeast Asia for a long time. Most recently, I can’t stop wanderlusting about the beautiful country of Thailand. Here are five reasons why you should visit Thailand on your next tropical escape:
- Gorgeous Beaches – there are miles and miles of pristine beaches with crystal clear, bright turquoise water all over Thailand. Koh Samui, Phuket, Krabi, & Phi Phi Island are some of the most popular destinations. Even in these touristy areas, there are quiet beaches and secluded bays to check out for a more peaceful holiday.
- Food – Thai food is amazing. We like it so much, we dedicated a special day of the week to become Thai Tuesday, and we go to our favorite Thai restaurant. Whether you’re eating in a restaurant or just getting a cheap bite on the street, you will not be disappointed. While I personally haven’t gotten to check out legit Thai food first hand (yet!), this is one of the things I hear people rave about the most.
- Cost – If you want an exotic locale where your dollar can really be stretched, Thailand is the place for you. Grand resorts and five course dinners are a fraction of what they would cost in the U.S. and even less than expensive tropical getaways like Bora Bora, Hawaii, the Mediterranean, or the Caribbean. If you avoid pampering yourself on vacation because it’s just so darn expensive, Thailand is a place you can splurge without it costing much. It really is perfect for those traveling on a budget, which most people are.
- Yi Peng in Chiang Mai – If you thought the captivating lantern scene in Tangled was just an animated fantasy, think again. It actually exists (but for different reasons)! Yi Peng is a religious festival held at the end of October/beginning of November each year in Chiang Mai in northern Thailand where thousands of beautiful glowing lanterns (and accompanying wishes) are released into the sky. The scene is unquestionably mesmerizing.
- Elephant trekking – There are so many opportunities throughout Asia, but especially in Thailand, to go on a safari or trek through a jungle on the back of a precious elephant. This is a great way to see much of the scenery and get to experience something totally unique.
All of these pictures are from my Thailand Pinterest board here.